|Jay Abel Horowitz, MD|
|Integrative Psychiatry &
Individualized, personal and committed care for psychiatric, emotional, relationship, life-transition and work-related problems.
Over 25 years of experience and expertise in traditional psychiatry and psychotherapy as well as evidence-based holistic treatments devoted to helping each individual achieve their own optimal level of mental and overall health and well-being.
Psychodynamic psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, psychiatric medications, functional/integrative medicine to balance the psychophysiological connections between the mind and body, targeted nutrient therapy utilizing vitamins, minerals and amino acids to balance the individualized biochemistry of each patient.
- M.D., University of Michigan Medical School
- Psychiatry Residency, Wayne State University-Sinai Hospital
- Evidence-based holistic medicine, Institute of Functional Medicine
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Oakland University
- Graduate, Michigan Psychoanalytic Institute
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Wayne State University,'91-'02
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology, University of Detroit/Mercy,'93-'95
- Past President Michigan Psychoanalytic Society,'01-'03